TeamWin Recovery Project, or twrp for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features that we deemed missing from current recoveries. After weeks of hard work, we are happy to announce the release of twrp in anticipation of unrEVOked & AlphaRev's revolutionary release.
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Default partitions to back up
- Default zip folder location
- Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
- Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
- Zip Signature Verification
- Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
- Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
- Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
- Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
- Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D's stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
- Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
- Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
- Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
- Home - Main Menu
- Menu - Advanced Menu
- Back - Up a Menu Level
- Search - Select Current Selection
- Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)
Special Shout Outs:
- Developed by TeamWin
- Core Team: AssassinsLament, Dees_Troy, ViViDboarder
- toastcfh - for his under appreciated dedication to the community.
- agrabren - for his leading the way to freedom for numerous devices with fre3vo
- Thanks to: joeykrim, shift, onicrom, netarchy, kevank, myndwire, bigbiff, dkelle4, shinzul, spiicytuna, eyeballer, OtisFeelgood, and s0up
- Amon_RA - for his great Recovery for which we gained a lot of inspiration from.
- Koush - for his dedication to the community and ClockworkMod.
- unrEVOked for their great work and dedication to the community.
- AlphaRev for their great work and dedication to the community.
2011-10-05 - v1.1.1
- fixed fix permissions bug
- fixed md5 checking for zip install
2011-10-05 - v1.1.0
- brand new nandroid process with more error checking and supports ext3/ext4 types of devices
- sdcard partitioning is available for devices with a sdcard (courtesy of koush from CWM source)
- can choose multiple zips before flashing and they will flash in the order chosen
- files & folders are sorted case insensitive
- added option to sort zips by file date instead of file name
- can apply themes and change time zones without rebooting for instant gratification
- saved settings will now persist through version changes
- added myn's warm theme with color codes courtesy of myn
- added option to wipe system, data, and cache with rm -rf during a nandroid restore to maintain existing file system settings like block size
- added options for automatic md5 checking of zips
- twrp spam off by default which makes nandroids up to 10x faster
2011-08-05 - v1.0.3
- Added timezones that should cover everyone
- Added twrp spam feature (twrp settings)
- Added fix permissions (advanced menu)
- Added wipe cache and dalvik into Flash Zip menu
- Added copy recovery.log to /sdcard (advanced menu)
- Added output spam/no spam to restores
- Added mke2s prebuilt to /sbin
- Fixed SD-EXT issues, (no partition SD-EXT features yet)
- Fixed EFS partition issues
- Changed the way we do backups on mtd devices, which should fix any boot partition issues (we suggest making new backups if you have an mtd device, EVO4G,NS,NS4G,etc)
2011-07-31 - v1.0.2
- Fixed SD-EXT issues
- Added Format SD-EXT into format menu
- Removed GAPPS support, CM7 automatically backsup and restores if you already have GAPPS installed. If you don't, just flash GAPPS zip
- Fixed issue where when flashing a rom, rebooting brings you back to recovery. Auto reboot after successful flash should work great now!
- Rearranged the format menu
2011-07-30 - v1.0.1
- initial release
Officially Supported Devices:
All official devices are listed at the top of this page. Visit the device page for specific directions and downloads.
If you don't see your device listed, don't worry! We'll be adding more devices soon.
Unofficial Kang Build Devices:
We are only a small group of developers and cannot support every device. For this reason we publish our sourcecode as something free to fork (see below). If you would like to see twrp on your device, feel free to contact a dev for your device and ask them to fork our code. We'd be more than happy to help them get it building if they are willing to do the grunt work.
** These builds are not supported by TeamWin **
HTC Thunderbolt note that there is also an official build
Click here for live support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers